Designer T-Shirt Artists Collective

Welcome to the site for those of us keeping Art Life Collective - the place for designer art T-shirts - alive and a growing concern. This is where we will talk about everything involving the collective, from our own artwork to how and why we print shirts and do what we do, with the occassional political and social diatribe thrown in for fun.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Making artist t-shirts

Sorry for the protracted hiatus. Lucky Blair is the one responsible for the nuts and bolts of Art Life Collective - actually handling the hardware and getting the designs from the artists and printing the shirts because ...

Since Tuesday, I have had the unique, at least to me, pleasure of dealing with an inner ear infection. For the past five days, the world has been spinning in not-so-slow circles and I have the verticle rolls not seen since those days in college when chasing everclear with vodka seemed like a great idea.

In short, I have been out of circulation. Even updating the blog has been n
early impossible - getting violently ill into a computer voids the warranty.
Anyway, though I am by no stretch 100 percent, things appear to be improving slightly. I have been able to answer emails, more or less, but if I have missed anybody, please be patient.

Vertigo resulting from vestibular neuritis may be God's way of keeping me off my new longboard - still recovering from broken arm, incident of which began with sentence: "No, kids, really, dropping in is easy, just watch."
Still, can't wait to try out new Freebord, check these things out at www.freebord.com. Riding this thing will be my way of thanking the ortho who rebuilt my wrist with repeat business. Actually, for a former wakeboarder and general water junkie, this is as close to snowboarding or wakeboarding I'm going to probably get here in central Alabama. Love the mountains, miss the beach.

Moving along, according to Blair, he is about to step up the advertising for the artwork on the site and hopefully increase our traffic, which he says is good now, but not where he wants it.

I will update this site as soon as I hear more from him this weekend.

On a positive note, we continue to attract some very talented artists who are lending t-shirt designs to Art Life Collective. Latest count puts us at 67 artists and 276 designs. I have also noticed more and more of you are posting biographical information and linking to outside sites where more of your work is available. That's exactly what the site is for, to help artists and designers promote their work, so keep at it. For those of you who are already on ALC but have not added bio information, just go to the artists page and log in. You can add your bio and statements, or modify them, even if you are already registered. Make sure to save changes.

Thanks again to everyone who is contributing to ALC.
Peace,
Graham Hadley,
Art Life Collective

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home