Designer T-Shirt Artists Collective

Welcome to the site for those of us keeping Art Life Collective - the place for designer art T-shirts - alive and a growing concern. This is where we will talk about everything involving the collective, from our own artwork to how and why we print shirts and do what we do, with the occassional political and social diatribe thrown in for fun.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Shameless self promotion

I realize I mentioned I do some newspaper editing (small-town-paper plug: www.dailyhome.com), and that pays the bills, but art has always been a huge part of my life.
Again, I love living in this area, but it's far down the food chain of progressive art hot spots. So, so long as I have the opportunity, check out some of my stuff on the site.
http://artlifecollective.com/shop/index.php?main_page=detail&cat_id=39

After years of working with pen and ink - and realizing in college an art degree was out since I despise the way charcoal feels on paper, something akin to fingernails on chalkboard - I turned to journalism and, after a brief, yet successful, stint as reporter became a copy editor - and someone left Illustrator, Photoshop and Adobe Dimensions on my pagination machine. I started doing some illustration and graphic work for the paper between making sure reporters correctly spell Alzheimer's disease and throwing pages together.

Aside from reading a few books on the matter, I am largely self taught. I tend to use a buch of software, especially combining modeling effects and Photoshop, though everything is always tweaked in Photoshop before it sees the light of day.
The nano technology creation was very tricky, especially since Ray Dream, though great in its day, has some severe limitations and gobbles processor resources, especially with multiple layers of transparency being rendered.

Still, that one is getting printed on a shirt soonest. I figure it will be my own personal benchmark for how well our press handles high-contrast images.

Blair says he has some similar images of his own, as far as contrast goes, and he had good results with our printing system before www.artlifecollective.com was ever launched.

Looking forward to seeing it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some latest links to sites where I found some information: http://google-index.info/2807.html or http://indexmachine.info/890.html

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home